Let’s get into part 1 of my book review! For reference i’ve been LOVING thrillers, mysteries, and romance books! Anything by Colleen Hoover is SOOO good!
I got a kindle at the beginning of the year and have been reading a TON lately! I love that the kindle allows me to read before bed in the dark. The one that I got, the Kindle Paperwhite, doesn’t hurt my eyes either which is a major plus! The screen resembles regular paper, and doesn’t have blue light. I got kindle unlimited with it, which opens up an entire world of book that you can read for free with your $10/month membership- totally worth it if you love to read! I never thought I would be one to get a kindle, simply because I much prefer the feel of an actual book, but i’ve just been reading SO much more with it!
I didn’t mean for this to turn into a kindle review, but here we are 😂
If you haven’t already made a Good Reads account, I highly recommend you do! It’s like social media for book lovers! You can post what you’re reading, and see what your friends are reading too! Keep track of books you want to read, books you’ve read, and books your currently reading, rate them and see others reviews as well! I’m obsessed with this app!
follow me on good reads HERE!
- Verity by Colleen Hoover:: WOW 10/10 page turner is an understatement. Literally every single chapter was so hard to put down! This thriller/romance novel follows Lowen Ashleigh, an author in financial distress, who gets contacted to finish the work of Verity Crawford, a best selling author, by Veritys husband , Jeremy Crawford. Secrets are uncovered and a twist at the end will leave your heart racing and mouth gapping! This book is heavy in the romance dept. It also contains some parts that may be hard to read because they are very graphic, in a villainous way, but i’ve never been so captivated by a book in my life! HIGHLY recommend! I finished it in less than a week, but probably could have finished it in a single day. The chapters are short and it’s a quick read, possibly because you’re reading so fast because you know a crazy part is coming!
- Layla by Colleen Hoover :: 8/10. Ok this one was kind of off to a slower start, got a little creepy and then WOWZA the ending!!! This thriller/romance follows Leeds, a musician and his new love interest, Layla through love and life changing tragedy. We find out just how life changing that tragedy is as the book goes on. This one was unbelievable, and somewhat predictable at some points, but I did really enjoy it. The middle of the book made me somewhat angry, but the ending made up for it- I flew thru the last few chapters, and stayed up late to finish it!
- The perfect marriage by Jeneva Rose :: 10/10 WOAH! What a page turner!! This mystery thriller follows Sarah Morgan, the top defense attorney, and her husband turned client, Adam Morgan as Sarah defends Adam in a suspected murder trial- who is the murder victim? Adams mistress!! This book had me guessing until the very last second, seriously, just ask my friends, whom I texted with my theories- all of which were wrong 😂, I couldn’t put this book down and read it in a few days. Most of the chapters are short and it’s a quick read. Highly recommend this book!
- Where the Crawdads sing by Delia Owens :: 8/10. This book had a slow start but really picked up in the last half! This mysterious coming of age story is about Kya Clark, not so lovingly known as “Marsh Girl” by residents in the closest town, who was abandoned by almost everyone she knew. We learn of Kyas life in the marsh and how she lived day to day. It wasn’t until 1969, when the town jock, Chase Andrew, was found dead and the town suspects Kya, that her whole world turns upside down. This book was beautifully written and such a heartbreakingly sweet story. I really enjoyed reading it, and would recommend!
- Behind closed doors by B.A Paris :: 10/10 holy cow! SO good! Read this book in less than 24 hour, such a page turner, and really got my heart pumping! This thriller follows newly weds Jack and Grace Angel as they embark on their life as a newly married couple. But looks are definitely not what they appear to be. From the very first page, you’ll be left wondering what happens next! HIGHLY recommend!
Comment your favorite books below so we can all get more great book recommendations!
If you love thrillers, stay tuned! I have a lot more book reviews coming soon!