I have 3 points to share with you guys today… READ ON 🙂
I went a little western today.. just cause.
This is what I would wear to a Taylor Swift concert if I were going to one in the colder months…
By the way… I made a Facebook Page for my little blog!
Like it! : https://www.facebook.com/SprinklesSequins
Thanks in advance 🙂
Blazer: Charlotte Russe (old)
Plaid shirt: Delia’s (old)
Jeans: American Eagle (old)
Belt: Mandee (last summer)
Shoes: Charlotte Russe Similar Here
Bag: Target Buy here Right now all shoes and bags are buy one get one 50% off and this bag comes in lots of great colors!!
Necklace: American Eagle (no longer available online)
Peas, onion, and Parmesan Cheese
So I made this with dinner last night.. it was really good, but as I’m sure you noticed, the peas and onions are crossed out- that’s because I wound up not having peas OR onions and sheer laziness prevented me from going to the store that I live right up the block from… oh well, it was still really good!
1 Cup Quinoa
2 Cups low/no sodium Chicken Broth
1/2 Tsp. Butter (you really don’t even need that much!)
1 Medium onion, diced (what I would’ve used, had I went out and gotten an onion)
1 Small Can of NO-SALT ADDED Peas (or about 3/4 cup of frozen peas)
2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
Pepper to taste
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
Parsley as garnish
1. Melt butter in pan
2. Add Quinoa and toast until browned
3. Add Broth, garlic, and onion and bring to a boil
4. Reduce to medium heat- at this point if you are using frozen peas add them now (if using canned peas wait 5 minutes then add otherwise they’ll get too soft)
5. Once all of the broth has been absorbed (about 15-20 minutes) remove from heat and add parmesan cheese
6. Sprinkle a little parsley on top as a nice presentation
7. Serve as a side dish and ENJOY!
Another great thing to add to this would be ground chicken (as a main course, of course- hehe). Cook them both separately and combine at the end. I’ve also made a similar dish with chopped up low sodium ham (but I’ll save that for another post 😉 )
Thanks for stopping by!!